Thanks for booking the Bloomsbury Film Studio.
As an added extra we have compiled this list of local information that you may find useful when creating your call sheet.
Just copy of and paste!
(Or you can download a PDF version of this information)
The Bloomsbury Film Studio is a self-service space, no studio staff will be present onsite unless otherwise requested. To gain access clients will be issued with a door code.
Full street address: 9 Colonnade, Bloomsbury, London WC1N 1JA.
For assistance, contact the main office on: 0207 183 1600 or by email email@example.com
The Bloomsbury Film Studio is located a short walk away from Russell Square tube station on the Piccadilly Line. Holborn (central line) is a 10 minute walk away. Kings Cross (Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City, Victoria and Northern and Circle lines) is a 15 minute walk away from the location. The closest mainline stations are London King’s Cross and St. Pancras and London Euston.
Walking from Russell Square Tube:
Come out of Russell Square tube station and head immediately left along Bernard Street (Pret A Manger is opposite, you will pass Franco Manca on your left), when you reach the next road on your left, Herbrand Street, turn left onto this street and continue walking (10 meters) until you reach Colonnade (The Friend In Hand pub is on the corner of this street). The studio is at number 9 Colonnade, on the righthand side at the far end of the street.
Walking from Holborn:
Link to directions:
Walking from Kings Cross:
Link to directions:
On-site parking available, but this is limited to one parking space. The car must sit inside the yellow line. Van parking is not recommended as they are too wide for the line. Traffic wardens very occasionally come down the mews but, as yet, no studio clients have received tickets. You will not get a ticket if the car is inside the line.
There are two car parks located just a couple of minutes walk from the studio.
Drivers, please note the studio is located in the congestion charge zone.
Hi Speed Wifi is available and the login details are on a laminate on the wall inside the studio.
There is a fridge/freezer available in the waiting area. Please feel free to use this for your foods and drinks. Anything left in the fridge after your hire will be disposed of.
The kitchenette/make-up area:
Tea, coffee and sugar are available in the kitchen area along with plates, glasses, mugs and cutlery. Please wash these up after using them and leave them to drain.
There is a wide collection of cafes, restaurants in the area – including a greasy spoon just on the corner at the number 9 end of the Collonade and a Craft Sourdough Bakery at the other end!
Immediately out of the tube station on Bernard Street there are several cafes, shops and restaurants. There is a Tesco Metro with a cash point, an HSBC is also available further down towards the main road (Russell Square).
For more cafes as well as some independent shops you can try Marchmont Street. Which runs off Bernard Street.
The Brunswick Centre:
Within a 2 minute walk from the studio, there is also a small shopping centre with a section of shops and restaurants, as well as a large Waitrose supermarket.
Further afield there are shops on Southampton Row, leading down to Holborn.
First Aid and Fire Safety Information
The studio space is hired dry-hire self-service at a separate location to our offices and is not manned. A standard First Aid kit is supplied. Where we provide a package to include operators and equipment, the operators may not be our staff and so cannot be assumed to be qualified first-aiders.
Should you require a qualified first aider to be present as part of your team this is for your production team to arrange.
- The studio consists of one room off the entrance corridor with exit straight to the road.
- It has been assessed that any visitor would be immediately aware of the very simple geography and no drill/induction is needed.
- There is a fire alarm in the studio and permanently illuminated exit signs indicating the only exit. There is no point that is out of hearing for the alarm or of a person calling out.
- There is no point more than 18 meters distance from the final exit into the road.
- Fire extinguishers are placed at the soundproof door and the final exit.
- Your director or producer is the person responsible for your staff, crew and contributors and any additional operators we arrange will fall under their authority.
- One person in your team should take responsibility for counting how many people are present in case of evacuation.
- Evacuation Procedure (This procedure is on a laminate in the studio.)
- On hearing the alarm or seeing evidence of a fire, immediately evacuate to the opposite side of the road and call emergency services.
- No muster space is required as direct single access to a place of safety from a single room makes it obvious if all occupants have left, but your team is welcome to designate a temporary point for your shoot and inform your crew and contributors should they see fit.
Lighting and Electrical
- All lighting provided is 13A fluorescent on standard outlets and earthed.
- All outlets are protected by an RCD panel.
- All Class I equipment is PAT tested according to their assessed frequency. All Class II equipment is visually inspected according to their assessed frequency. The mains installation is checked at 5 year intervals.
- Users are responsible for ensuring additional equipment they bring to the studio is appropriately tested by the supplier.
- All movable lighting is regularly visually inspected.
- All ceiling mounted lights are secured with safety cables.
- RISK OF TRIPPING: For floor mounted lighting while these are kept to the sides there is a risk of tripping over cabling. The users must ensure if the lighting is repositioned the provided sandbags and covering rubber mats are used appropriately and any visitors/talent guided into position to avoid cables.
Important phone numbers
The Post Factory: +44 (0) 207 183 1600
London Fire Brigade
Non-Emergency: 020 8555 1200
Non-Emergency (NHS): 111
Nearest emergency services:
Police Station: Holborn WC1N 3NR – https://goo.gl/maps/wB2GAfFXZ932
Fire Station: Euston NW1 2DH – https://goo.gl/maps/Pspd2EjBMsP2
Hospital A&E services: Euston NW1 2BU (University College London Hospital) – https://goo.gl/maps/NV6c6iXX8mC2